TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR CHARTER SERVICES
The hire of a bus/coach by the customer for any Charter is subject to the terms & conditions set out below unless a specific written agreement is made between the customer and Ballina Byron Mini Bus Hire.
CONDITIONS OF QUOTATIONS
Quotations are valid for a period of 30 days from the date supplied. All prices quoted are subject to change and any such change will be advised upon booking. Please check all details provided in this quotation to ensure that all details are correct. We accept no responsibility for the accuracy of customer itineraries. No bookings are made when a quotation is provided and Ballina Byron Mini Bus Hire will not accept tentative bookings.
Customer bookings must be received in written form via e-mail or through our website. A written acceptance confirmation will be provided in return for all bus bookings.
A $100 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your booking. Final payment is due 7 days prior to departure. Invoices provided on request.
Payment can be made by Cash, Cheque, Eftpos, MasterCard & Visa.
Account Customers – an invoice will be raised prior to departure. Terms of payment are to be strictly no later than 7 days from date of invoice.
CANCELLATION / ALTERATION FEES
The following fees will be charged following the cancellation of the hire:
Before 5.00pm day prior to booking – No Cancellation Fee
After 5.00pm day prior to booking – 50% Cancellation Fee
When a bus/coach has proceeded to the pick-up point before notice of cancellation is received – 100% Cancellation Fee
Passengers are required to conduct themselves in a manner acceptable to normal community standards. Aggressive or disorderly conduct displayed toward any other passengers or staff will not be tolerated and passengers may be refused entry or required to disembark at any time during transit.
Consumption of alcohol, cigarettes and illegal drugs is not permitted on Ballina Byron Mini Bus Hire’s buses.
Any costs incurred to the passenger/s as a result of refusal to board or removal during transit will be the sole responsibility of the offending passenger/s.
The customer agrees on booking confirmation and commencement that the price charged by Ballina Byron Mini Bus Hire for provision of the services detailed will be amended for any additional time and/or distance provided on the day or total duration of the hire. Additional charges will be calculated on a pro-rata basis and will depend on the extent of the additional time provided. If additional time is requested at time of charter, a fee of $80/hour will be charged.
We do not guarantee to provide additions or amendments during hire period, any such variation will be considered only and subject to, time taken, legal driving hours, deviation from route, knowledge of the area by driver and the driver’s agreement in consultation with our Management staff. Our decision in such matters will be final.
We reserve the right to impose additional charges for cleaning the interior of any vehicle that is in our sole judgement left in an unsatisfactory manner either during or at the conclusion of a hire period. This also applies to wilful damage by passengers to either the interior or exterior of the vehicle.
CONDITIONS OF TRAVEL
All goods carried by passengers, either in the luggage trailer or on board, are at the passengers own risk. Ballina Byron Mini Bus Hire does not accept liability for goods lost, stolen or damaged either during transit or at drop off/pick up locations.
Passengers warrant that any luggage or other personal effects either carried on board or in the luggage trailer will not cause, either directly or indirectly, any damage or harm to other passengers, other passengers effects or cause damage to the property of Ballina Byron Mini Bus Hire.
Ballina Byron Mini Bus Hire reserves the right to refuse to carry any luggage or other personal effects without justification.
Ballina Byron Mini Bus Hire will endeavour to honour its commitments relating to departure and arrival times but will not be liable in the event that times are unable to be met as a result of road, traffic, weather conditions or any other event that would reasonably cause a delay.
Ballina Byron Mini Bus Hire will not be liable for any losses incurred as a result of delayed departure or arrival times or for delays relating to road, traffic, weather conditions or any other event that would reasonably cause a delay.
Ballina Byron Mini Bus Hire reserves the right to vary schedules and prices without notice. Bookings made prior to any changes will be honoured and every endeavour will be made to notify passengers with valid bookings of changes to schedules.
Ballina Byron Mini Bus Hire may refuse to allow any passenger to board or travel on any service where in the opinion of Ballina Byron Mini Bus Hire that passenger is in breach of any of the terms and conditions listed.
Passengers are required to advise Ballina Byron Mini Bus Hire of any special needs including assistance with boarding/disembarking. We will, wherever possible, try to accommodate passenger’s needs. Any passenger that requires more than minimal assistance from the driver to board/disembark may be required to be accompanied by a carer. Any assistance from the driver is at the driver’s discretion to avoid injury to the driver.
Registered guide dogs are welcome to travel with their owner. Prior advice when booking is requested.
The provision of bus or coach hire is subject to the current Road Transport, Passenger Vehicle and OH&S regulations issued by the appropriate authority in the State of which the hire is being conducted. Ballina Byron Mini Bus Hire reserves the right to enforce its legal obligation in compliance with the law in all aspects of our hire provision irrespective of customer requests, conduct, actions or other circumstances effecting the provision of this hire.
This includes, but is not limited to our right to;
- Refuse entry to bus/coach or require a passenger to disembark at any time during transit if the passenger/s appear, in the opinion of Ballina Byron Mini Bus Hire to be intoxicated or under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Stop consumption of hot food or drink, alcohol or tobacco products on the vehicle
- Authorise our driver to act in the best interests of his/her passenger’s safety irrespective of consequences to the hire program
- Ensure domestic pets are not allowed onto a vehicle unless caged correctly, and prior agreement to transport has been obtained from Ballina Byron Mini Bus Hire in writing. Registered guide dogs are exempt.
- Obey road speed restrictions irrespective of unscheduled delays in transit
- Stop to render assistance to others when judged in the public interest for safety or rescue
- Report to authorities any person acting in a manner that endangers others, this could include our stopping a hire program or may result in its cancellation
- Refuse to carry dangerous, flammable or illegal items/goods on any part of a passenger/person or the vehicle.
- Determine the suitability and nature of any luggage or items intended to be carried by, or for, passengers on or within the vehicle cabin or storage areas and to refuse such items deemed as unacceptable. We take no responsibility for luggage lost or damaged whilst being handled, on tour or any time in transit; all items carried are at the owner’s risk.
- Render first aid in the best interest of passengers and take such measures deemed necessary to enlist assistance in an emergency from any available services. Costs of such emergency service provision rest with the passenger/s.
- Maintain legal driving hours and driver rest periods in line with current regulations.
- Remove waiting vehicles from a hire pick up point due to passengers being overdue by time exceeding 10 minutes, with or without notification by the passenger group or representative of such a delay at our discretion. Due to other operational commitments this may result in job cancellation.
- Any issues arising from the hire and operation of our service must be received in writing within 30 days of the hire completion date, for an official response. Hire issues or compensation claims made after this time may not receive a response.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY:
Ballina Byron Mini Bus Hire will take all reasonable steps to provide to the customer, services outlined in this confirmation advice. Ballina Byron Mini Bus Hire accepts no liability for:
- substitution of bus or coach for reasons beyond our control.
- any loss of enjoyment experienced by passengers due to circumstances beyond its control;
- loss or damage to clothing and/or luggage and;
- failure to meet connections due to unexpected delays
- any other costs incurred by the customer and;
- third party claims associated with the hire event
- acts of Force Majeure
By placing your booking with Ballina Byron Mini Bus Hire you acknowledge that you have read and are fully aware of our Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them.
Ballina Byron Mini Bus Hire thank you for your booking.